Re: Lucas fuses

To: stag-digest@digest.net
Subject: Re: Lucas fuses
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 07:40:57 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I haven't been keeping up with this discussion, so I don't know what's been
said.
However, I don't think anyone has been picking on Lucas fuses. In fact, the
problem is with US fuses. Lucas fuses show the current at which they're going to
blow. US fuses show the current at which they *won't* blow. A lucas 35 amp fuse
is
marked 17 amps continuous. Therefore the equivalent US fuse would be 17 amps.

I've examined Lucas fuses and know this to be so. Even tested a few out of
curiosity. And I know the specs on American fuses (Littelfuse) because - tada!
I've been an Industrial Control system and Power Electronics designer for 25
years. I have this discussion about US fuses at work every time we design a new
product.

The US standards are different and I must admit, not as clears as the UK.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559L - http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm