Re: Lucas fuses

Subject: Re: Lucas fuses
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 09:05:34 -0800
Cc: stag-digest@digest.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
George Richardson wrote:

> The US standards are different and I must admit, not as clears as the UK.

I definitely agree that they are different, US fuses are marked with
"maximum carry current", while UK fuses are marked with "minimum blow
current".  I'm not sure where the factor of 2 comes from though, many US
fuses have a minimum blow rating that is less than twice the marked
rating.

I don't agree that the UK system is necessarily clearer.  In the US, a
15 amp circuit takes a 15 amp fuse and I can safely plug in 15 amps of
load.  All of the conductors, switches, outlets, etc. in that circuit
are rated to carry 15 amps.  Seems pretty clear to me ...

But of course, it's just possible that I am biased <g>

Randall