Re: Bad News/Trouble With the Authorities.

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bad News/Trouble With the Authorities.
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 17:56:26 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hey Bill,

I recently had a hassle trying to register my '67 Spitfire, which I brought
in from out of state.  If you want to see the DMV personnel have a kniption
fit, try registering a car with a nine number VIN!  They absolutely didn't
know what to do about THAT!

They also refused to give me registration until I bring the vehicle to the
DMV office.  Unfortunately, I've only had it on the road for three whole
days since I purchased it and it's back up on blocks with the interior
completely gutted as I do more work.

I am NOT looking forward to taking it back to the DMV for their inspection.
My only saving grace is that it's exempted from the smog program.  Being a
RHD vehicle though, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't find myself back in
hot water yet...

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"