Re: Coolants

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coolants
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 17:24:58 -0700
CuckooCox@aol.com wrote:

> Here in the Southwest, the temp often gets up into the 100s during the
> summer.  That's a bit warm for my TR-3

Ditto the others' comments on Water Wetter.  Some other thoughts (mostly opinion
so others may disagree):
  -- Add an electric fan in addition to the stock fan for staying cool in slow
traffic
  -- Block the bypass hose to make the cooling system more efficient
  -- Add a small (24" x 4") spoiler to get air up to the bottom of the radiator
(easily mounted
          using bolts holding lower radiator braces)
  -- Use much less than the usual 50/50 antifreeze concentration helps, maybe
30/70

Of course having the radiator shroud in place and the timing set right are a
must.  I haven't put an oil cooler or coolant recovery tank as it hasn;t been
necessary.  The above items keep thing cool enough on the hottest days.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ