GT6 suspension restoration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 suspension restoration
From: LBPB1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:05:48 EST
Hi list!
         Has anyone replaced thier bushings lately? I noticed that the lower
"a-arms" in the back were not just different from left to right but there was
a difference in the quality of the casting. The left side has a much smoother
appearance,  but the right side seems very rough. Also, there are "ears"
under the outer bushings on the right side,  while there are none on the on
the left. It appears that the bushing size may be a bit different , smaller,
on the right side as well . Any info about this would be nice. Thanks.
        Here is a second question ......Does anyone make bushings for the
radius arms for the '69 GT6+? I ordered bushings from the VB book but when
they arrived they were way too small. I think they were for a Spit. I am
giong to see about making my own but it would be nice to just buy them. I
have to make a-arm bushings for the rear anyway since I want poly.
         And, if anyone is interested, I just built my first carbon/kevlar
drive tunnel. It came out ok looks very cool and is so light I will have to
find some other way to weigh it since it wont register on the scale I have. I
would guess about a pound. I cant wait to build the hood!

PLB3