Re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3 & POR15

To: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Subject: Re: Adding Gearbox Oil - TR3 & POR15
From: "T. R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 10:48:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Put a long piece of tubing on the end of the QT./Ltr. Bottle the
stuff comes in nowdays. Install a shut off at the filler end and thread
it down thru the engine compartment or over the rear tire for the rear
axel. Hang the gear oil bottle up side down above the fill point.Then
reach underneath and do you thing-- gravity works. If you want a quicker
fill- heat the gear oil bottle with the trouble light.
I do this with out putting the car in the air. Straddle the car over  a
shallow gully in the yard. This increases the clearance.

To Impress the "Goldburg" guys here is what we did in the old days of
cheap bulk  oil.

Take an older bycicle pump-- one with a removable plunger. Remove the
stem clamp from the end of the hose and fit a curved piece of rigid
tubing. Take out the plunger assembly put in your gear oil-- replace
plunger assembly. Either secure the plunger shaft so the weight doesnt
force the Gear oil out the hose or put a shut off at the end of the
hose.

T.R.