Re: Triumphs and Chinese Philosphy, (little LBC).

To: Beth & Ken <bethken@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Triumphs and Chinese Philosphy, (little LBC).
From: Pat Fischer <pfischer@unicom.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:49:06 -0600
Cc: GuyotLeonF@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Didn't you love the idea of "stuckness" Pirsig came up with?  Remember, his
frustration with trying to get off the bolt, tried everything, about ready to
throw the motorcycle over a cliff; and he thought that that was the supreme
moment in quality or creativity... the moment past that stuckness where you
started thinking of the alternatives.

I copied the section for a Triumph club newsletter once. Although, I have to
admit that the pain of "stuckness" is much more vivid a memory to me than the
brilliant idea that may have come after. :-)

Pat Fischer