"Painting Your TR6 Seats" and Superlites

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Painting Your TR6 Seats" and Superlites
From: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), GLSVC" <rhansen@att.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:36:24 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Fellow LisTRs --

I issued an offer on VTR to trade or buy seats for a 1974 TR6. Right now I
have 70-72 seats in the car in decent shape. The seats are black and I want
to change the color of my interior to chestnut or beige. The problem is,
none of the Big Three provides seat reupholster kits for 70-72 seats in
either of those colors.

One person replied to my ad by suggesting that I should paint my seats the
color I want. Do any of you know how to do this? Where to buy the paint?
What paint to use? Any and all suggestions are welcome and needed. Heck, if
I can paint my seats why not paint the interior?<grin> I know there are
vinyl paints out there, but I know nothing about them.

In a related matter, I inquired at Superlite about the availability of their
wheels for a TR6. Here is their reply:
"Dear Sir,
You will pleased to know we have just introduced our new range of wheels
including 5.5x15/6x15/7x15 Magnesium wheels specifically for the
triumphs-TR6 etc. As this is very new we have not yet calculated the costs
but if you can bear with us for a few weeks I will get our US agent to
contact you with prices in due course.
Kind regards
Karen Matty"

TIA, Red Hansen