Re: Need help on seatbelts

To: cglied@whro.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help on seatbelts
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:29:34 EST
In a message dated 2/9/00 8:53:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, cglied@whro.net
writes:

<< Greetings,  I am halfway through installing the new interior kit in my TR6
 and determined my seatbelts are not worth reinstalling.  I purchased a
 replacement seatbelt from VB for my Spitfire and was not satisfied as it
 was a generic, fits all type.  It did fit, and permitted me to pass safety
 inspection, but doesn't fit the way the original did.  Does anyone know of
 a company that rebuilds seatbelts?   >>

I am still debating on weather to try and rebuild mine (inertia reel in 73
TR6)
or just buy the new inertia reel belts currently on sale by Moss and VB.
So here's my questions:
hasn't someone previously stated on the list that you could buy replacment
belt web and rebuild the Kangols ? Is this safe ?
and
is there any difference between the replacement inertia belts currently on
sale?
Cheers
Jack Mc