Re: Seatbelts in TR3

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seatbelts in TR3
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:07:33 -0700
David Moag wrote:

> It's time for me to make plans for getting seatbelts for my TR3....

> 1) Lap belts or shoulder harnesses.

Lap belts are my preference as it seems like they would give you a fair chance
to get tucked in if the worst happened.   Otherwise... a sign on the scuttle
that says " ^ This End Up ^ ".

> 2) Currently there is no interior whatsoever in my car...

I would think you would want to select or drill the holes before the interior is
finished.  ISTR that you've got a body attaching bolt that is ideally placed for
the outboard mounting positions.  As for making holes in the carpet... I use a
hole punch that is an Xacto attachment -- come in different sizes.  Sort of a
tube with an Xacto edge to it.  Makes a neat hole, just back the material with
soft wood and twist & press.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ