The Project & Powder coating...

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Project & Powder coating...
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:12:49 -0500
I am now getting into a serious restoration project -- the proverbial every
nut & bolt type...

I have asked this of Fred T (resident P/C guru) but he didn't have an answer
so I thought I would ask the list...

I think I will be getting the p/c setup for all the little bits but those
are limited to the size of the oven available.  Has anyone tried the
infrared system for curing?    What is the largest piece you have done and
how long did it take to cure?

Also, has anyone done any part p/c - part painted sections.  ie. one side
powder coated, the other side normal prime and paint.  If so, how did the
edge work out.  Not sure if Eastwoods (or whomever) has come up with a
paintable p/c, but is that an option that is available?

Lots of questions that probably won't be answered until I make the plunge,
but I'd like to have some idea of what I am getting into.

As usual - Thanks

Carl