Re: Throttle shaft bushings

Subject: Re: Throttle shaft bushings
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:35:25 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    you and i did the same thing, with some slight modifications!

1. don't have a caliper so i looked at the bushing and said, "no
    damn way that's fitting in there!".
2. i also "turned it down" the bushing with my utility knife. hmmm,
    that looks about right.
3. instead of a drill chuck with bolt, i used my thumb and pressure.
     this is the point where i started crying.
4. no teflon spray handy, so i used REAL butter from the
    fridge, not that imitation margarine crap.
5. you're absolutely right,  that the real work begins trying to re-install
    the accelerator shaft.
6. while in a position to do a bench press, i finally got the shaft to pop
    back into the hole. my knuckles were used to stop any further upward
    motion by smashing into the underdash area. the surprise yielding
    of the shaft resulted in my knuckles being "turned down" to a smaller
    diameter.
7. of course, this is the precise moment the neighbor walked up and
    said, "are you still working on that car?". (reference my "painful day"
    email).

    no sarcasm intended here except i hate guys that have it all together!
you make it sound way too easy, which just further reinforces why none
of my neigbors have asked for the first ride in my 6 when she becomes
roadworthy again.....
Tom Di Iulio (wounds scabbing over nicely)
1976 TR6
Denver, Co