Re: Are Guage Gaskets Really Worth The Trouble?

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Are Guage Gaskets Really Worth The Trouble?
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 14 2000 10:11:58 GMT-0500
Cc: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jeff,

I got some material... small plastic tubing from Nisongers.  I saw on the list
that were not selling it now.  However, it may also be the the caller was not
willing to pay there $15 minimum purchase charge.  I used up the $15 buying the
external ring gaskets and a tripometer extention shaft/knob.  They sell
"everything" for LBC gauges.

The material is small diameter... thin walled plastic tubing that should be
available at hobby store.  I have a little bit left.. and can measure it if you
would like.

Actually... any source for small diameter tubing, rubber or plastic... is a
good solution.  You cut the tubing on an angle and cut to correct length so
they loose splice together and then just lay it into the bezel and twist onto
the gauge.  Harder than I made it sound.

BTW, don't forget the ENDUST trick. You use Enddust on the bezel faces before
assembly.  It gives it that darker.. blacker semi-gloss new look and keeps
fur-balls from getting into the guage during assemble.

Cheers

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html