TR-3A dash recovering

To: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-3A dash recovering
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:13:38 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
In the process of restoring my '61 TR-3A, it's time to recover the dash.  I
have obtained the appropriate amount of vinyl to do the job, but have a few
questions:
1) The covering (I think it's factory) on the dash now is on pretty good (I
mean really good !).  Any tips on how to reasonably remove it?
2) If it really is on permanently, can I just install the new vinyl over the
original factory covering?
3) What kind of adhesive do I use for installing the new vinyl - either over
the old covering, or on the bare dash, assuming I can get the old stuff off?

Thanks, Dennis
'61 TR-3A
Orange, CA