Re: Gas Cap

To: James Fowler <JFowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Cap
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:11:45 -0500
James,

I am not sure what you are asking but in a standard TR3A, the female part
connects to the tank under the body with 2 clamps and a large( about 2"
diameter) rubber hose about 3 inches in length. The
flip-top gas cap screws into this part through the body. There is a chrome ring
which fits between the chrome gas cap and the body. The female part is not that
easy to install without partially removing
the gas tank in order to get room. But you must make sure the connection
between the tank and the female adapter is tight, or gas will leak during
fill-ups.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V