undercoatings

To: wedge list <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: undercoatings
From: Brian Furgalus <triumph.tr7@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:31:45 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello all!

As the TR7 is up on jackstands and ramps and wheel-less right now, I'm
going to touch-up the ziebarting coating.  Are there any undercoatings
that the list has had an especially good exprience with?  Also, what is
the recommended remedy to treat surface rust?  POR 15?  A rust
neutralizer? I'm looking at the JC Whitney catalog, and they list some
water-based brush-on undercoating, and this sounds like it might be the
cheapest/easiest solution.  But as we all know, cheapest/easiest is
usually not best.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian

"I'm Blue Da Ba Dee Da Ba Die......"