Re: overflow tank question

To: "David Lee" <davelee1@home.com>
Subject: Re: overflow tank question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:26:28 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi again David
All (or most of) the rad caps I have bought have, A, been 13Lb, B, been non
genuine (Q/H, Halfords etc), C, have come with the fibre washer in the box
FOR USE ON TRIUMPH CARS. This washer is used as wll as the thin flexible
steel ring. Whether the long neck should or should not use the
expansion bottle I don't know? If there is a bottle there and it was fitted
from new then they probably should. If they "should not" cut a piece of old
inner tube to fit, it should fit to the edge of the lid and have a hole in
the middle big enough to clear the working bits so as not to cause any
problem. This is what I do when the fibre washer disintegrates and it seems
to work fine (been doing it years) watch out for the mould lines on that
inner tube they will break the seal and stoop it from working.

Graham.