Re: Sears DieHard Security Battery

To: Silvestre Ortiz <silvestre.ortiz@cditx.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sears DieHard Security Battery
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 01:37:01 -0700

Silvestre Ortiz wrote:

> I have no financial interests in Sears. I frequently have on-going battles
>with Sears for different reasons. However, their new battery is something for
>us Triumph pilots to consider. The battery costs some $150.00. For this you
>get an eight-year battery (100% for the first three years, then a decreasing
>value deal) PLUS a security system that is fairly sophisticated. It may even
>save you money on your insurance premiums. The device comes with a keyring
>remote that is used to arm and disarm the battery features similar to how a
>modern car remote-entry device works- it even beeps! When armed, you cannot
>start the car even with the key! You cannot jump-start the car. You cannot
>push-start the car.

Until your car meets a thief with the same keyring remote, or opening
the hood, finds your super-slick Sears battery, removes it, and puts an
ordinary battery in  its place (who would question anyone fooling around
under the bonnet of a Triumph?) and drives away.... Does Sears guarantee
replacement cost in event of theft of the car with this system? If they
don't, don't waste your money. It's just another gimmick from Sears. For
$150, I can buy four batteries from another manufacturer guaranteed for
a total of 16 years....

Remember why P.T. Barnum owned circuses.

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM