Re: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools

To: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:49:28 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I have had luck installing one of the two seals before installing the
glass and I think it was the fuzzy one.   It is a bit tight installing
the glass with that seal in but it ensures that you have the clips
securely installed.

Actually, if you have the glass out of the tracks, you can probably
install both seals from inside the door with the regulator installed and
then install the glass from above.  I haven't tried that one, but it
certainly makes sense!

If you live in a damp climate, it is a good idea to replace the
plastic.  It keeps water from warping the door panels from the back
side.  Heavy plastic available at hardware stores works fine.  Cut it to
size and secure it with 3M upholstery adhesive.  I like the spray can.
It avoids a lot of mess!

Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer