RE: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools

To: <Crazeecooter@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 Window Seals/Mythical Tools
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:01:31 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jonathan,

I need to revise the directions I sent you yesterday some.  Last night I put
the rubber seal on the passenger door.  I put the clips on the rubber seal
then tried to get it on the door, but couldn't.  I ended up taking the clips
off and pulling them onto the door and seal together.  Once you get a couple
on it goes pretty easy.  The clips on each end are the hardest because there
is a support that interferes with the tool.  After I got the rubber seal on
I started on the fuzzy seal.  When you do it, put the fuzzy seal on before
the rubber seal.  I put the fuzzy seal on the drivers door first, then the
rubber seal.  I figured since the rubber seal is harder to install, I'd put
it on the passenger door first then the fuzzy seal.  The only problem is the
rubber seal covers the opening in the door where the window comes up and
makes it very hard to see to get the fuzzy seal in.  I got flustered last
night and gave up on the fuzzy seal.  Tonight I'll go back to it.  I find
that if I get flustered it's better to walk away and do something else, the
come back to it the next day after I've calmed down some.  Lord knows with
these cars there's plenty to be done.  I found out yesterday my new dash is
being shipped today so that will be next weekend's job.  Once I get the new
dash installed I can finish the interior, then go for a drive.

Good Luck.

Ken Waringa
71 TR6 (almost done)
74 Midget (Daily driver, getting a new gearbox this weekend)
74 MGB (Needs lots of work)