Trunnion Lube

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trunnion Lube
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:49:19 -0500
Hey, all you trunnion lube experts! Just bought the Mercury Quicksilver lube
gun - as "advertised" on the VTR web site.

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/trunnion-oil.html

The gun requires a tube-type container of gear lube. The dealer didn't have
the one described and pictured on the web, so I bought what they did
have...Mercury "Premium Gear Lube, Marine Grade Lubricant", Part #
92-802844A 1. No mention of it's GL rating or whether or not it's hypoid
lube. The shop owner said the only choices anyone made were what I bought or
a synthetic.

My question is, does anyone know if this stuff is ok for TR3 trunnions? Or
should I try to figure out a way to adapt my Castrol GL4 container to fit?

By the way, the gun looks to be quite well made and was reasonably priced at
$15. As always, thanks very much for your always helpful advice.

Michael Ferguson
1959 TR3A  TS53990L