RE:Gauge Gasket replacement

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Gauge Gasket replacement
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:17:56 -0800
"Jeff McNeal" wrote

I'm wondering whether
replacing these gaskets is really be something I should concern myself with.
Is it?If so, where can I find replacement gaskets?  Thanks for your input!
Best wishes,Jeff in San Diego

Jeff,
I went through my gaskets about a year ago and scraped off all the old black
crud too. The gauges fit back together so tightly I said the heck with sealing
them up. I live in the humidity heaven of Southeast US and if any moisture ever
gets in them it doesnt last long in the summer heat. The effect is like when
you spill something in your car and close the car up tight(so the heat builds
up) and at the end of the day, the spill is gone. Anyway, I've not had any of
mine 'fog' up and I drive in all weather(cold, hot, rain, fog).

Besides,in San Diego, the only time you turn on your wipers is to see if they
still work?
;-)

Steve Nabors
'74 TR6 B'ham AL