Re: Alternator thanks

Subject: Re: Alternator thanks
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:00:54 -0800
Cc: triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David :

I took my old generator pulley to a machine shop and had them bore it
out to fit the alternator shaft.  Because of the keyway, it can't be
simply drilled out.

I've seen a new pulley on another owner's car (Heidi van den Akker), but
I've forgotten where her dad said he got it.  At least I'm certain they
are available.  I believe you want a pulley for either a "B" or "5L"
section belt.  McMaster-Carr ( http://www.mcmaster.com/ ) has a nice
selection available. (Jeez, am I starting to sound like an ad for MMC or
what ? <g>)

Randall