Torque Wrenche recommendation from another source!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Torque Wrenche recommendation from another source!
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:29:03 EST
Et al.
I recently ran across a recommendation in the March 2000 issue of Car Craft
magazine which I have found to be a good source of mechanical information
albeit slightly(!) bias towards American iron!
Quoting throughout...Torque Wrench advice: Buy the beam type; some consider
them better than the click type. Why? The story goes that good machinists
will pull the beam type to the recommended torque, then hold steady and watch
as the needle drifts to a lower number. Pull again until the needle stays
rested on the right torque setting.
Sears Craftsman catalog....beam-type wrenches are $19.99 for the 0-150 ft-lb,
3/8-inch, and 1/2-inch drive models. Price is catalog only so order by phone.
Personally speaking....I have a Craftsman beam-type and have been very
pleased with it! Larry Morrison TR250