My quest for a free flow exhaust (continued)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: My quest for a free flow exhaust (continued)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 06:46:27 -0800
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
I am still working toward a new, free-er flowing exhaust for the Spitfire
with the 2.8 (stock TR6 type on there now) and as was mentioned a Walker
quiet flow would be a good choice.  However, nobody around here that I
talked to has any info about them let alone trying to get one.  I want a
specific style, (central inlet, dual outlet) so that it will still look
good but not be so loud as to make people think I have a Monza system on it
:-).  I found almost exactly, size and configuration wise, a muffler that I
would like to use, and It's a Borla MellPrimo brand (part number 40660).
This has a 2-1/4 central inlet, two 2 inch outlets on the opposite side, 16
inches in overall length and 7-7/8th wide, x 4-1/4 inch tall.  This I can
fit transversely, with a couple of tips exiting on the right side under the
rear bumper in almost the same location as the current ones are now
positioned.  It would look great and as a bonus, it would be all stainless,
304 non rusting steel!  As such it SHOULD be the last muffler I would ever
install on the car.  However, I am not sure about the quietness of this
brand of performance muffler.  As I mentioned, I don't want *much* more
noise than the stock setup (which isn't hush quiet) especially around
2500-3000 rpm, my freeway cruising speed, as this is my daily driver -
Anybody have any experience with this brand?
Comments welcome-

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)