Tire recommendations for GT6+/Spit

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire recommendations for GT6+/Spit
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:19:01 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
I know it's been asked a thousand times before...just respond to me off the
group if you think that's better. Spit folks definitely respond off the
group since I don't read that group. Anyway...

I'm sticking with 175/70 13s. I will not be auto x-ing or racing, only going
for "spirited" drives through the Maryland countryside at reckless speeds. I
could care less about mileage; the tires will dry rot before I wear them out
(< 3,000 miles a year). This car will never see snow, and only see rain if I
miscalculate when to leave for home (why give rust new food?).

Any suggestions out there?

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L