Practical Classics TR6 Restoration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Practical Classics TR6 Restoration
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 14:28:06 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Was it mentioned (either on the List or on Ebay) that the 'Practical
Classics' TR6 Restoration Guide was out of print? Well, in the latest issue
of 'Practical Classics', on p. 99 the whole page is devoted to 'Restoration
Reprint Books', and features the TR6 book, for only 16.95 UKP, post free in
the UK. They say that for overseas mail, add 2 UKP per book, for airmail,
add 4UKP. That's better than the $65 US it seems to fetch regularly on Ebay
(which seems to have become my pet peeve - sorry!). Hey, if this is in print
again, maybe Haynes manuals aren't far behind (despite what Haynes says).

While I'm at it, the latest issue of 'British Car' had a nice 2-barrel
Triumph issue on the stands: a cover story on 'Triumph Stag: the best
Triumph ever designed?', as well as a Graham Robson article on 'First-time
Fame - Triumph TR2' and the 1954 Alpine Rally effort (p.s. to J.H. - I've
already e-mailed Marc about this!). Thought everyone would like to know.

Cheers, JD