RE: Practical Classics TR6 Restoration

To: "'Day.John@fin.gc.ca'" <Day.John@fin.gc.ca>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Practical Classics TR6 Restoration
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:44:56 -0600

John Day wrote:

> in the latest issue
> of 'Practical Classics', on p. 99 the whole page is devoted to
'Restoration
> Reprint Books', and features the TR6 book, for only 16.95 UKP, post free
in
> the UK. They say that for overseas mail, add 2 UKP per book, for airmail,
> add 4UKP. That's better than the $65 US it seems to fetch regularly on
Ebay
> (which seems to have become my pet peeve - sorry!).

Thanks for pointing this out . . . there is indeed one of the PC TR6
Restoration Guides on Ebay right now with a bid of $62, and one sold there a
couple of days ago for $67.

Not much different, I suppose, than the TR250/TR6 Kastner competition
preparation manuals that sell on Ebay for about the same absurd price - even
though they're regularly available for less than $10. How deep into a TR6
restoration/preparation can you be and not have gone through the catalogs of
the Big Three?

> Hey, if this is in print again, maybe Haynes manuals
> aren't far behind (despite what Haynes says).

I swear I'm going to start running one through the copy machine one of these
days . . . copyright, schmopyright.

Jim Hill
Madison WI