Lug Nuts for VB 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels

To: "Spitfire List (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lug Nuts for VB 8 Spoke Alloy Wheels
From: "Greg Hendrix" <gahendrix@att.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:24:24 -0500
I'm relatively new to the list and have only been able to read messages, not
send them. I hope this message goes through - Outlook Express was hopefully
the problem as it failed to format plain text messages correctly, so here
goes with just Outlook. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines and not being
able to join in.

I ordered a set of the Vickey Brit 8 spoke alloys on sale, and my question
is...

Can my original wheel lug nuts work with the wheels? They want $3.95 each -
$63.20 for a set, and if I can get by without them, GREAT! If not, they
aren't on sale, so there's no rush to beat the end-of-month sale deadline.

As a continuing thought, does anyone have suggestions on a tire for the 13 x
5's?

Barry Schwartz, I believe the photo of your red Spit has BFGoodrich Comp
T/A's. True? If so, what size rims, tires, etc?
Would you recommend them?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Greg Hendrix
Downingtown, PA
'74 Spitfire (in traction and on a respirator)