I ordered the Borla

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: I ordered the Borla
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:43:48 -0800
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Well, After many discussions, and only a few negatives I have decided to go
with the Borla.  It was a little pricey ($180 from summit racing), which I
knew it would be, but it is a well made all stainless unit.  I will still
have to custom fit/weld the tubing to turn it into a transverse mounted
type with the twin pipes exiting out the rear, but it shouldn't be any big
hassle.  Certainly no more than the existing TR6 muffler to which I had to
cut the pipes (basically flip the muffler over) and re-weld to fit it on
the Spitfire.  The TR6 exits on the opposite side!  So we'll see how it
turns out.  Hopefully it won't be a whole lot louder than the TR6 one, and
certainly it will flow better.   That should release a few more pony's in
the upper RPM range (getting on the freeway :-}) that the stock muffler was
restricting.  I certainly noticed the difference on my Ford Courier truck
when I replaced that muffler with a Dynomax Super Turbo and that's with the
stock 1800 cc motor (albeit with headers, Weber and offy manifold).

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)