Value of Restored 65 Spitfire

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Value of Restored 65 Spitfire
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 21:50:47 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
To all,
I am considering selling my 1965 Spitfire Mk I and am trying to figure out
what to ask for.  It is an original Florida car and I have owned it since
1986. It is fully restored including first rate complete overhauls of
engine, transmission, and suspension. It has won many trophies over the
years I have had it. I have a factory hardtop, aftermarket hardtop, two soft
tops ( one is NOS) and a tonneau. I also have countless spares including
good spare bonnet, doors, etc etc. I have the original stock wheels and
covers as well as Minilite replicas (both with near new tires). I have not
seen a nicer Mk I at any of the shows I have attended over the years. Having
said all of that, I realize that Spitfire prices continue to lag behind many
other British sports cars.  Any ideas on a fair asking price?
Thanks,
Dan
Tampa, FL