Re: Value of Restored 65 Spitfire

To: Daniel Elder <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Value of Restored 65 Spitfire
From: Douglas Hansen <spitfire4@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:02:35 -0500
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Since Im not to familiar with all the Triumph's value...  my family has 7
Triumphs and I have 4 so far myself and Im only 20  (I like pointing that
out...)
I have a 64 Mk1 (never thought '65 could be a Mk1) and really understand
how rare they are.. considering the Rare Mk1 parts....   for I only bought my
car
for $250 and spend only $3300 +/- on it; I would only take nothing less than 5K.

http://www2.netcom.com/~dagger/grassspit.jpg
but depending on the buyer... the Mk1s are/should be the best Spit choice
possible..
If I could afford it; I would be welling to pay up to 8k for a perfect Mk1.
but of course theses days depend on the horse power and speed rather than the
classic styling...   I want to see Grills on my cars!! and non of the rubber
bumper stuff...
It is what someone is welling to pay for a antique item that creates its value
right...
like paintings...

doug