Re: Judges, Concours, etc.

To: ArthurK101@aol.com, dncullig@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Judges, Concours, etc.
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:33:01 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/19/00 4:36:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ArthurK101@aol.com writes:

<< One point, that should be noted, is that they try to judge all the
 cars the same.  In my mind that levels the playing field.  The judges also
 confer with each other about what they are doing both during and after the
 judging.  So 15 or 30 points max means that whatever one car gets docked the
 others will get docked pretty much the same for the same conditions.  My
 experience is that the judges care about what they're doing and try very
hard
 to be fair across the board.

 I have also noticed that the owners sometimes misconstrue what the judges
are
 doing.  I have watched judges conferring and owners completely missing what
 is going on.  >>
 Thanks Art
very well put.
The only time I remember our team being "gleeful" at Portland
was when we decided NOT to subtract points for a non-original
part when the owner produced a dealer brochure showing it
as an option.
Cheers
Jack Mc