Rheostadt Switch--TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rheostadt Switch--TR6
From: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:44:21 EST
I bought a new rheostadt switch  because my old one never worked right...it
only activated the lights when it was turned into one specific position.
So.....I bought a new one from Roadster....and this one does not seem to work
either.   Has anyone else had problems with this switch.....or figured out a
way to make it work better.  Is the switch supposed to allow the dash lights
to have a range of dimmness?

I am pretty sure I have it wired correctly....there are four posts...and the
far end I have the double red and white wire, then single red and white, the
blank post, then single red wire.    Any help would be greatly appreciated
because this thing is a bear to put on and off.

Thanks

Jonathan.