Help with TR3 Silentbloc bush

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with TR3 Silentbloc bush
From: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:17:15 -0600
Help!

I'm working on my front end, and have removed the silentbloc holding the
steering drop arm to the steering rod.  Or, to be more specific, I've
removed the center bolt and the rubber bush.  But I can't remove the metal
cylinder  that used to form the outside part of the old silentbloc from the
hole in the steering rod.  I've tried making a puller with a large socket, a
long bolt, a couple of nuts,  and several appropriately-sized washers, but
all I've done is bend the washers.  Is this supposed to be hard to get out?
Any ideas about what to do?  While on the subject, how does the silentbloc
work?  It's a cylinder without a cap, so what keeps it from being pulled
through the hole in the steering arm? Thanks for all your help.

Warren Allen
TS55177L
Winston-Salem, NC

If a monkey explodes, you get rhesus pieces