Re: Help with TR3 Silentbloc bush

To: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help with TR3 Silentbloc bush
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:40:01 -0500
Last summer, I went thru the same thing. Once I figured it out, I wrote a
step-by-step instruction and posted it to the list. Re your question though,
here's an excerpt...

<Clamp one end of the Cross Link in a large vice and, using a suitably sized
socket (just a hair less that the diameter of the hole in the Cross Link)
and a large hammer (I used a 2lb, I think, hand sledge), force the steel
sleeve out of the hole. (You might not want to use your best socket - minor
denting, but not too bad).>

I suppose you could use the socket and some wood spacer blocks and press it
out with the vise, but the above worked for me. Using a hack saw would make
me real nervous. If you want to read the rest of my instructions...

http://www.listquest.com/lq/view.cgi?ln=triumphs&sp=11&q=silentblocs&b=1&o=0
&x=21&y=4&ci=c015212068&mid=74590

Good luck.

Michael Ferguson