Re: Bolting the TR6 Body to Chassis

To: <Crazeecooter@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bolting the TR6 Body to Chassis
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 07:19:10 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
    if you've made sure all mounting disks are in place, some paired with
fiber/rubber washers, you should be ok. with the body off, the rear end can
hang down, spreading the door opening. bolting
the upper deck "backseat" floor bolts should help alot.
    also, the engine compartment bolts that go thru a diagonal brace along
the inside fender wall use
about 2 fiber/rubber spacers and a solid disk. these tend to raise the front
end, squeezing the middle together.  i referenced the trf parts manual for
correct placement and type of washer for each mounting hole.
    you might also check the "strike plate" for your doors. if you removed
them for painting, did you re-install a fiber washer template behind the
plate? this brings the plate out away from the body and closer to the
matching piece on your door.
    if this doesn't help, give me a call. we'll figure it out!
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (added oil and antifreeze to engine, getting closer!)
Denver, Co