RE: Wiring Harness Ground

To: "Randall" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Wiring Harness Ground
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 06:29:24 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Thanks Randall.  I spent some more time on the car yesterday afternoon, and
found I do have a horn relay, and it appears original.  The Bently manual
says mine shouldn't have it since my car is a 71 and my commission number is
CC62903L.  The relay appears original since the horn wiring matches the
wiring shown in the 72 model schematic, proper wire color and all.  I did
get the horn relay to activate, but not the horns.  I currently only have
one wire to each horn.  I guess I need to run a second wire from each horn
to ground.  I'll try that tonight.  This takes care of all the loose wires
in the engine compartment.  My new dash should be in this week, so this
weekend is replacing the dash.  This will be a real adventure since there
are a lot of wires just hanging behind the dash.  I bought the car with more
in the back of the truck than on the tow dolly, and the dash is a mess.  All
the gauges seem to work, but none of the dash lights.  I'm sure I'll have
lots more questions once I get into this job.

Thanks,

Ken Waringa
71 TR6 (almost done)
74 Midget (Rebuilt gearbox installed and running great)
74 MGB (Next project)