TR3A Value Added?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Value Added?
From: Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:14:45 -0500

I'm about 95% complete with the restoration of my 60 TR3A.  I bought this
car to restore and sell, and found out recently that my prospective buyer
has skipped town without a trace, and hasn't called me about the car. So,
soon it will be on the market.

I have restored the car as close as possible to the original new condition
and now it's time to make a decision. I'm thinking about purchasing things
such as a rear seat cushion, luggage rack, floor mats, wire wheels, top
frame cover, and tonneau cover.  All of these items can easily add another
$1,500 to my already steep investment which, in turn, will drive up the
price of the car.

So finally, here's my question. Is it better to go ahead and purchase these
items to make the car more attractive to prospective buyers, or not
purchase these items and keep the price down? Any thoughts ?

Jeff
Belleville, MI
'58 TR3A
'60 TR3A