Crating and Shipping Engines and Transmissions

Subject: Crating and Shipping Engines and Transmissions
From: Jim <caldwel1@intranet.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:33:44 -0500
Greetings:

I have purchased 3 engines, 3 transmissions, and "other parts"
from a private person down in Kentucky. 1 engine and transmission
is going to a new owner in the USA and the rest goes to me.
The previous owner is not able to do crating and shipping as he
is nowhere near the parts now.

I live in Canada.

I could really use some advice on how to get these darlings
up here to the Great White North.

Several years ago I had a TR7 shell shipped up, but it had wheels
and could be rolled onto the transport.

Obviously these babies need more and I have NO idea what/how to
get the job done.

All advice and comments welcomed - thanks in advance.

Jim
1977 Triumph TR7 (Buick V6 engine - goes like stinnk....)
(yes... it is a bit overpowered for the street - I bought it this way)