It's a fuel guage!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: It's a fuel guage!
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:16:28 -0600
Maybe it's because most of my cars have never had one.  But this really
cracks me up.  And I'm sure it's an age thing, too.  Anyway, this was
written by a young acquaintance of mine, upon running out of gas...

>I found out that within a few days of driving my first American car (98
>Camaro, automatic, V6 - yea baby! :) ), that F-bodies do not have LOW
>FUEL LIGHTS, as I coasted over the railroad tracks ...

HELLO?  I guess that the age of the idiot light has fostered a whole
generation of mind-numbed robotic drivers.

Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe I laugh because I once had a car with
absolutely NO indication of fuel level (1962 VW Beetle: out of fuel? just
flip the reserve lever over to get that last gallon of gas) and had another
vehicle for a while that required that you put a stick down into the tank
to check the level...

   Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
   triumph@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
   '74 TR6                                  http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191