Re: Help with Oring in Zentih carb of Spitfire

To: Dan Carey <appleorchard@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Help with Oring in Zentih carb of Spitfire
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 22:01:40 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dan,

Find a company under seals in the phone book and ask them if they carry
a viton 2-010 o-ring ($.46/each).  That's the size and type of material
to use so that they don't get eaten up.  I've had them in my air valves
for...oh about a week and they're doing fine.  Drive the adjusting screw
and star washer out with a unsharpen pencil and also use it to push the
adjusting screw (with the new o-ring) and the star washer back into the
air valve.  Make sure there's no burrs on the inside of the tube where
you're sliding the new o-ring because it'd put a tear in it and you'll
soon be repeating the procedure...don't ask me why I know this.

Bud Rolofson