Re: Correct use of overdrive?????

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Correct use of overdrive?????
From: "Lonn and Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 21:00:44 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Silvestre, as you have by now found out, the overdrive is an unnecessary and
overly complex addition to an otherwise excellent transmission.  If you
would like, I will come right over and swap out my non-OD transmission for
your OD tranny.  That's just the kind of guy I am, always thinking about
what's best for my fellow man...

Lonn

> PLEASE tell this ignorant driver of a TR6 with overdrive the proper way to
use this feature. How does one engage and disengage the overdrive correctly?
I have been told to simply move the lever down to engage, but I have been
told to take my foot off the accelerator while doing so. Another person told
me to keep my foot on the accelerator. I was told to take my foot off the
accelerator and move the lever up when disengaging the overdrive. Another
told me to depress the clutch while moving the lever up as it was like
shifting a gear. What is the correct way to engage and disengage the
overdrive?