Butternut dash?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Butternut dash?
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:52:07 -500
For the woodworkers among you, and if you're interested in something a little
different, I have some rough-cut butternut here that I am beginning to realize
I'll never use. It's two or three years old, band-sawn, and never seen a kiln.
Personally I  think it would make a fabulous looking, albeit non-original, dash
for a TR4-6 or early Spit.
You would need a planer to take it down to whatever thickness you need, and
then probably a router and sander and that kind of thing. Most of the boards
are cupped a bit but since they're plenty thick (~1") I think this would be
OK.
I just have enough for maybe five or so, so drop me a line if you're into it
and maybe we can work something out.
Regards,
Jim Wallace
Ottawa