Re: Radiator Shroud

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Shroud
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:08:11 -0700
Erkan Hassan wrote:

> ...I thought I should put the radiator shroud in...from Victoria
> British.

My responses are based on my experience with the shroud from Moss which
comes already riveted together....

> 1.  Does the dull sides of the pieces face in toward the center of the
> car, or out toward the fenders?

Can't answer which is correct.  I painted the shroud body color as ISTR
seeing that that was correct.

>  2.  There are 6 rivets and six holes in the pieces along with 12
> washers.  How do these go together?  Are special tool(s) required?
> The "rivets" also have a stright piece that extend about 1.5 inches
> out of the back.  What's suppose to happen with that?

On the Moss version the center section was riveted to the L & R panels
with 3 rivets on each side of the center piece.  Do not recall a straight
piece as you describe.

> 3.  Does the shroud attach directly to the radiator?  If so how?

On my car it was held formly by just being jammed around the radiator,
really a very snug and accurate fit.  Only thing holding it are the 4
screws at the bottom...

> 4.  Where do the 4 screws go?  There are no pre-drilled holes for
> them.  And where do they attach to the car.

I found 4 holes just where they needed to be on the "floor" (bottom) of
the apron opening.  They are angled in (front to back) and hold the shroud
right against the wheel wells.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ