Windshield Frame

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield Frame
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 13:44:14 EST

I am in the middle of removing the windshield frame for painting and
replacement of the rubber seat under it. I have removed the three hex nuts on
the top of the dash and the four (two each side) on the sides inside the
front of the door. Is that it? The frame still sits quite firmly. I have no
reason to think it has ever been taken off before so it doesn't surprise me
that it's 'set in it's ways' (aren't we all). But, speaking of surprises, I
don't want to incrementally increase the pressure on it and then get an
unpleasant one because I forgot or didn't know about something.
Assuming it's a matter of pressure, should the exerted pressure be up? Down
and back? Up and forward. A combination of all. Wiggle-waggle, etc.
Thanks in advance. (With some luck I may make LBC week for the first time
this year.

Jim
CT54531L