Re: '57 TR3 brake caliper cross pipes

Subject: Re: '57 TR3 brake caliper cross pipes
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 12:35:15 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Dan :

Having once wrecked (and subsequently lost) a TR3 due to a line rotting
through, my inclination would be to replace the pipes.

However, since they are at a relative high spot, they are unlikely to be
internally corroded, so if the outside looks free from corrosion, they
are probably OK.  If the outside looks corroded, I'd definitely replace
them.

One other lesson from the school of hard knocks (pun intended) : always
make sure your handbrake works!  I'd still have that car, if I hadn't
been ignoring the bad/stretched handbrake cable.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver