Alternator Conversion on TR4A

To: "'Triumph Mail List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator Conversion on TR4A
From: "Donnelly, John" <JDonnell@alarismed.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:14:05 -0800 charset="iso-8859-1"
After reading Dan Masters stuff on alternator conversions, I decided (my
love for Lucas stuff helped!).to be bold and take the plunge.

Bought a GM (Delco) 7127 alternator for $65 plus $20 core. Got a 40&5/8"
Gates belt for $15.  The guy behind the counter couldn't find a 3/4 inch
pulley for it though in the catalog. So now I'm $100 into this, but no
pulley. Anybody got a GM (or somebody else's) part number? Source? I don't
want to bore out the old pulley.

Any other words of wisdom on doing this conversion?

John Donnelly
'67 TR4A