Re: TR6 Wiper and wash switches

To: "Glenn Rattmann" <k6na@cts.com>, "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Wiper and wash switches
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:18:57 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>

>I remember when one of my cars was maybe a month old, the original headlamp
>switch exploded, as Moss describes!  The dealer gave me a new switch under
>warranty (1974), and that second Clear Hooters switch is still working
>today, although it feels mushy and will die someday I'm sure.  The switch
>from Moss is in the other car; I put it in about a year ago and it has a
>great feel.

The Clear Hooters switch was actually the cause of a recall back in the
70's. For some reason, I never received the recall and never had the uprated
switch installed. The recall stated that the replacement switch was a little
larger, and that the dealer would enlarge the dash opening as part of the
recall.

My original switch finally failed last year, while I was in Portland for the
VTR Convention. This gave me the opportunity to pull out the spare Clear
Hooters switch that I had been carrying in the car for over 20 years,
waiting for just that occurance. I don't expect the second one to last that
long.

I always thought that it was funny that the new and improved switch was made
by Lucas.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4A CT52499 VSCDA Group 2 #58