Re:a little help from my friends.....

Subject: Re:a little help from my friends.....
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:24:24 -0500
What Tom didn't mention is all the extra wires we had left over that we couldn't
figure out where to connect.  Anybody known what a double black wire with a
double snap connector or a double light green wire with a double snap connector
goes to (both come out of the harness near the heater box)?

We did get power to the key light...whoopee....which was a major achievement and
power to the heater motor which made me yell and Tom jump when it actually came
on when the switch was flipped.

One of the best ways to learn about wiring is to just dive in and do it
(preferably on somebody else's car like Tom's).  It was fun to spend time
figuring out a wire harness with two brains and two sets of hands, and the 8-9
hours actually went really fast.  I learned a lot to go with my limited
experience wiring a TR6 (the radio supply wire is a white/pink wire ??? wow) and
some of what I learned as a helicopter avionics mechanic in the Army actually
came in handy.

A large part of the fun was working with Tom who's enthusiastic about his TR6
but doesn't take it too seriously (you've read his humorous tales, e.g. wire
wheeling his arm, cursing his inquiring neighbors, etc.) and is a lot of fun to
work with.  Now if he could only learn to label the old harness with something
more definitive than "Goes to the voltage gage...I THINK" and I'm not making
that up.

And as far as me eating the most cookies...Tom's a real sucker for "Hey can you
look under the dash and see where that green wire goes"...by the time he
reappeared I could usually get 3-4 Samoas down.

Next time I won't work so cheap....I'll demand to at least get a ride in one of
his brothers supercars, a Jaguar XJR and a Acura NSX (he drove both by Tom's
house for us to drool over) or Tom's cherry 67 Vette.

Bud